A brief overview of the precautions we are taking in our clinics as Lockdown starts to ease
by Lee Short MScDPodM and Bob Longworth MSc DPodM
Before offering appointments, we will first need to ask some screening questions. Please see below for a summary of the precautions we are taking. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact Lee on 07932080124 or Bob on 07786220141. Lee will be conducting the clinics and Bob will be joining him mid-July.
We hope to offer appointments at the Good Health Centre in Leeds from early July.
A detailed risk assessment has been carried out and a number of adjustments to clinic operating procedures have been introduced in order to reduce the risk of being exposed to the Covid-19 virus.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Reducing footfall through the clinic
- Staggered appointments with bigger gaps between appointments. This means patients do not come into contact with each other inside the clinic & our Podiatrists have time to disinfect all work surfaces with an anti-viral disinfect (including patient couches, chairs and touch points).
- Use of appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
An assessment of need and risk will be carried out on the phone where you will be asked a series of questions to screen those patients we can currently treat.
Then, if your situation warrants face to face treatment, an appointment can be arranged.
To make things as safe as possible:
- We will not treat anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or those who has recently been in close contact anyone known to have COVID-19.
- We request that all visitors to the clinic wear a face covering or mask.
- Patients must attend the clinic alone, (with exceptions for those needing assistance & children)
- Please arrive on time but not more than 5 minutes early
- Where possible we are operating a no waiting room policy. We therefore request that patients arriving by car wait outside until we open the door for you. You can text or call the numbers above to let Lee or Bob know that you have arrived at the clinic.
- Please put your mask on before entering the clinic. (Masks can be provided by the clinic if required at cost price of £1.00 per mask).
- Clean your hands with soap and water available or hand sanitiser provided on entering the clinic.
- Avoid touching anything unnecessarily inside the clinic.
- Use hand sanitizer before leaving
- Leave straight away.
- We would prefer card/contactless or BACS payment rather than cash at this time.
Please do not hesitate to call to re-schedule your appointment if you have a fever, cough, loss of taste or sense of smell or flu symptoms or a member of your household has suspected or diagnosed Covid 19
Please see these guidelines for more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Any quieries or concerns, please contact us
Lee Short MSc DPodM Bob Longworth MSc DPodM