.A brief overview of the precautions we are taking in our clinics in response to the Pandemic
by Lee Short MScDPodM and Bob Longworth MSc DPodM
We are pleased to announce that following a detailed risk assessment and appropriate precautions, Podiatry is now available at all our clinics.
Before offering appointments, we will first need to ask some screening questions. Please see below for a summary of the precautions we are taking. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact the clinics on the usual numbersa
A detailed risk assessment has been carried out and a number of adjustments to clinic operating procedures have been introduced in order to reduce the risk of being exposed to the Covid-19 virus.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Reducing footfall through the clinic
- Staggered appointments with bigger gaps between appointments. This means patients do not come into contact with each other inside the clinic & our Podiatrists have time to disinfect all work surfaces with an anti-viral disinfect (including patient couches, chairs and touch points).
- Use of appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
Each clinic may vary slightly due to it’s set up but to make things as safe as possible:
- We will not treat anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or those who has recently been in close contact anyone known to have COVID-19.
- We request that all visitors to the clinic wear a face covering or mask.
- Patients are asked to attend the clinic alone (with exceptions for those needing assistance & children)
- Please arrive on time but not more than 5 minutes early
- Where possible we are operating a no waiting room policy. We therefore request that patients arriving by car wait outside and call the clinic to let us know that you have arrived.
- Please put your mask on before entering the clinic. (Masks can be provided by the clinic if required at cost price of £1.00 per mask).
- Clean your hands with soap and water available or hand sanitiser provided on entering the clinic.
- Avoid touching anything unnecessarily inside the clinic.
- Use hand sanitizer before leaving
- Leave straight away.
- We would prefer card/contactless or BACS payment rather than cash at this time.
Please do not hesitate to call and re-schedule your appointment if you have a fever, new persistent cough, sudden loss of taste or smell or any flu-like symptoms or a member of your household has suspected or diagnosed Covid 19
Please see these guidelines for more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Any quieries or concerns, please contact us
Lee Short MSc DPodM Bob Longworth MSc DPodM